Expert Witness Reports
It is usual in arbitration and litigation proceedings associated with construction disputes that expert reports are provided to the tribunal to assist with the determination of the technical matters in dispute. The number of experts can vary depending on the disciplines involved in disputes; often and for the simpler disputes, there will be a single expert; for major and wide ranging construction disputes it is not uncommon to have up to 3 expert reports.
The varied backgrounds of our staff ensures that we have the capacity and experience to provide expert reports and advice for quantum, programming (delay analysis), and contracts management:
- Actively participated in training by The Academy of Experts, which underpins our skills as experts.
- Experienced in drafting expert reports to assist with the determination of the technical matters in dispute.
Our directors who can act as experts, include:
- Colin B. Lee, Executive Director FRICS, FHKIS, FCIOB, FHKICM, MCIArb, FCInstCES, AHKIArb, RPS (QS), DRAd, HKIAC Accredited Mediator & Adjudicator – Quantum Expert / Delay Analysis
- Peter L. K. Tang, Executive Director LLM, MA (Arb), LLB, FRICS, FCInstCES, FCIArb, FHKIArb, FSZCEA, HKIAC Accredited Mediator & Adjudicator, SHAC Arbitrator, HKMAAL Accredited Mediator – Quantum Expert / Delay Analysis / Programming Expert
- James Johnson, Director MHKIS, MRICS, MCIArb, Practcising Member of the Academy of Experts – Quantum Expert / Delay Analysis
The above directors are supported by the following directors.
- Albert Chu, Director BSc (QS), MSc (Project Management), MBA, MSc (Finance), MHKIS, MRICS, RPS (QS), AHKIArb, Accredited Adjudicator
- Peter Ingram, Associate Director LLM Master of Laws Construction Law & Arbitration, MCIArb, BSc (QS)
In addition we have in-house Quantity Surveyors and Planning Engineers of various grades who have substantial experience of supporting our team in preparing formal opinions and reports for dispute resolution proceedings.